Yoga for Asperger’s Syndrome Newberg OR
i heart yoga
20407 SW Borchers Dr. #205
Blissful Energy Yoga
11515 SW Durham Road Suite #E-7
Ananda Yoga Portland
4855 SW Watson
232 NE Lincoln Street
Body & Brain Yoga
14845 Sw Murray Scholls Dr Ste 106
Yoga on the Go
105 S. Sixth Street
Various Styles-Healing Methods
Yoga for the Heart
309 3rd. street
201 B Avenue
Lake Oswego, OR
Sachi Wellness Center
2008 Willamette Falls Drive #200A
West Linn, OR
Hatha, Anusara Inspired Hatha
4700 SW 185th Ave
Yoga For Asperger’s Syndrome : a2zyoga blog
Yoga can help those who are suffering from Asperger's Syndrome.
Yoga as we all yoga lovers know has the healing power for many diseases. The good news is that yoga can also help those who are suffering from Asperger’s Syndrome or Asperger’s. Asperger’s Syndrome is a neurobiological disorder in which individuals may have normal language development skills and intelligence, but they tend to show autistic-like behaviors. They also have deficiencies in communication and social skills.
While yoga is not a way to cure Asperger’s Syndrome, it is a great way to deal with the symptoms and help the individuals.
Here’s how Yoga helps:
- Yoga asanas like pranayama or shoulder rolls can counteract perseverance, such as flapping hands. Correct breathing techniques and soothing postures can ease the tension that these individuals often feel and can calm the mind.
- Yoga is a coping mechanism that the child or the individual can use on his own and help himself by dealing or managing certain stressful situations. This makes them a little more self-reliant.
- If yoga is done in a serene atmosphere with mellow lighting, it rests the stressed out sensory system. Eye pillows can be used to block out distractions.
- Since yoga is non-competitive, an individual with Asperger’s Syndrome may enjoy doing this. While they may feel insecure while playing social sports, yoga will only boost their confidence.
- Yoga will improve concentration besides enhanci...
Click here to read the rest of this article from A2ZYoga.com