Yoga for Asperger’s Syndrome Waterloo IA
4535 Kimball Avenue
Hatha & Therapeutic
2032 160th St.
Eclectic approach, Iyengar, Ashtanga, Vinyasa
TriYoga of Cedar Rapids
5250 North Park Place NE
Cedar Rapids, IA
Kali Ray TriYoga
Yogata Studio/YOGA OKOBOJI
1906 Hwy 71 North
207 North St
Iyengar, Anusara, Vinyasa, Restorative
Field of Yoga
115 E 4th St
Cedar Falls, IA
Green Yoga House
2204 Woodlands PKWY
Des Moines, IA
Data Provided By:
Illuminate Yoga + Natural Solutions
West 2nd Avenue
311 N. Downey St.
West Branch, IA
Yoga Central Studio
412 E. State Street
Mason City, IA
Gentle and Hatha
Data Provided By:
Yoga For Asperger’s Syndrome : a2zyoga blog
Yoga can help those who are suffering from Asperger's Syndrome.
Yoga as we all yoga lovers know has the healing power for many diseases. The good news is that yoga can also help those who are suffering from Asperger’s Syndrome or Asperger’s. Asperger’s Syndrome is a neurobiological disorder in which individuals may have normal language development skills and intelligence, but they tend to show autistic-like behaviors. They also have deficiencies in communication and social skills.
While yoga is not a way to cure Asperger’s Syndrome, it is a great way to deal with the symptoms and help the individuals.
Here’s how Yoga helps:
- Yoga asanas like pranayama or shoulder rolls can counteract perseverance, such as flapping hands. Correct breathing techniques and soothing postures can ease the tension that these individuals often feel and can calm the mind.
- Yoga is a coping mechanism that the child or the individual can use on his own and help himself by dealing or managing certain stressful situations. This makes them a little more self-reliant.
- If yoga is done in a serene atmosphere with mellow lighting, it rests the stressed out sensory system. Eye pillows can be used to block out distractions.
- Since yoga is non-competitive, an individual with Asperger’s Syndrome may enjoy doing this. While they may feel insecure while playing social sports, yoga will only boost their confidence.
- Yoga will improve concentration besides enhanci...
Click here to read the rest of this article from A2ZYoga.com