Yoga for Memory Training Elkhart IN
3130 Northview Dr
Yama Healing & Fitness DBA Yamafit
69573 Sunset Blvd.
Vinyasa & Hatha Yoga, Dance, and Awarene
21950 County Road 10
EquiLibrium~ Thai Massage & Yoga Therapy
By Appointment Only
Data Provided By:
Sunshine Yoga Wellness Spa
765-742-1111 (spa)/ 765-479-1111
527 Main St. (Downtown)
Combination/ Non Diversified
Spacious Heart Yoga
203 S. Main St.
Sagewater Yoga/Green Tree School Of Yoga
Po Box 942
South Bend, IN
Hatha; Restorative; Thai; Meditation
Strength Building, Weight Loss, Yoga, Week long retreats
Personal Trainer since 1978Martial arts instructor-Nutritional chef-Trained in Thailand-we teach you to cook - not just tell you what to eat!HKC - Kettle bell instructorCommercial pilotCommercial deep sea diver
50 years old (trains both men and women)
Asana Yoga Center
161 West Lincolnway
Sage Yoga & Pilates
221 E State St.
West Lafayette, IN
Ashtanga, Hatha, Vinyasa, Power, Kundali
Data Provided By:
Yoga Improves Memory
Memory is the ability to retain and recall information as and when required. Memory capacity is the ability to analyze and process the assimilated information and not raw data storage alone. Memory power varies from one individual to another.
Yoga and Memory: are linked by an umbilical cord
Memory is critical to our daily lives. Throughout the day, we are constantly flooded with information, data and new happenings/developments/facts. Thus our mind has its natural way to sieve out only the information that is relevant or useful to us. Thus it is important that we train our minds accordingly and ensure a healthy state of functioning.
Yoga provides an excellent tool for improving memory power and fighting forgetfulness
The brain functions of attention, cognition, processing of sensory information and visual perception are honed with yogic practices. Yogic practices hatha yoga, which is a medley of asanas, pranayama, meditation and Om chanting increase blood feed to the brain. This helps in soothing mind and enhances concentration.
Memory power is given a boost, while also improving the ability to maintain focus and concentration.
- YOGA ASANA: Sarvangasana and Bhujangasana are the two main asana, which are a great remedy to all your physical and mental problems.
- PRANAYAMA: In pranayama, the mind is focused on the breath as it flows in and out of the body. Oxygen and prana (energy) levels in mind and body also elevate due to the regulation of breath. Bhastrika, Kapalbhati and Brahmari Pranayam are the best. They improve the memory power and alleviate forgetfulness.
- OMKAR CHANTING: Here you inhale air from one nostril and exhale through the other. While you breathe in from one nostril you need to close the other one with your thumb and while breathing out release your thumb.
- Open-Legged Forward Bend and Sirshasana are some other yoga practices that strengthen memory.
There are some yogic techniques that exclusively stimulate the brain and nervous system to improve memory and concentration.
- Dharana: or the practice of Concentration: is known to yoke the wandering mind. This relieves strain on the mind. Mental strength increases. Efficiency and effectiveness of work is known to improve. The daily practice of dharana reduces the wavering attitude of mind with peace and mental calm settling into life. Moreover it trains the mind to become clear, focused and directional.
- Meditation: is a step beyond Dharna...
Click here to read the rest of this article from A2ZYoga.com