Office Yoga Memphis TN
524 S Cooper
Simply Divine Yoga
3233 Kinderhill Ln
Evergreen Yoga Center
1541 Overton Park Ave
Better Bodies Yoga
692 W Brookhaven Cir
Breeze Yoga Memphis
627 S Mendenhall Rd
Yoga @ Hope Presbyterian Church
8500 Walnut Grove Road
216 Catalpa Drive
Bikram Yoga Memphis
5101 Sanderlin Ave Ste 125
5007 Black Rd
475 River View Rd
Yoga at Office
Working in an office or at a computer for prolonged periods of time can put strain on the neck, shoulder and back muscles which in turn can lead to tension and stiffness. This tension can cause headaches, as well as back, neck and shoulder pain. If left unattended, it could also impact your ability to function effectively at work and your overall quality of life. Simple techniques such as Office Yoga may help alleviate the pain and other symptoms by releasing tension and increasing muscle strength and flexibility.
Work is a necessity in our lives. It is better to make the best of the responsibility imposed upon us. Most of us are locked up for hours inside the office or are hooked to computers in our cubicles. Hence, physical ailments, stiffness of various muscles in the body and mental fatigue gradually make their existence, transforming our lives into a complete hell.
Doctors and psychologists have opined together that working out simple yoga postures in the office is not only effective in terms of physical exercises but also enlivens the spirit and mind of the tired employee. Simple techniques may help alleviate the pain and other symptoms by releasing tension and increasing muscle strength and flexibility. They can be performed right on the office chair, any time, any day. Take a few minutes for yourself and incorporate some Yoga into your daily routine. Here are some simple Yoga techniques for:
- Right Posture
Neutral sitting or standing should most essentially be practiced. Often we fail to place ourselves in the correct posture whether standing or sitting and soon the problem begins. However, this simple exercise will help you to keep the position of your spine in order.
- Place your feet hip-distance apart and bend forward.
- Then look down at your feet. Your feet should be parallel (||).
- If you are sitting, keep check that your hips and your knees are in right angles.
- Sit straight and tall at the edge of your chair.
The Warrior Pose is recommended for relaxation of the upper body. Here are the steps:
- Raise your arms to the sides with fingers pointed out.
- Take a big step with the left foot turned out and knees bent.
- Your right leg should be straight and planted on the ground.
- Keep breathing.
- Keep your upper body in rest.
- After few minutes, switch sides. Now, extend your right leg.
Breathing Techniques To De-stress:
Are you yawning heavily at the start of the day or in the post lunch session?
Your stress has increased so profusely that you are falling asleep in office?
Try this breathing technique, it will surely help you to release your stress and you will be fresh to start your work again.
- Put your right thumb on your right nostril.
- Deeply breathe in and out the air using your left nostril.
- Similarly press your left nostril with your right index finger.
- Inhale and exhale as much as air you can....
Click here to read the rest of this article from A2ZYoga.com